Yum

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Happy Tropical Smoothie


I've been through a very challenging time in my personal life recently after losing a close family member, which is why I haven't been posting very much for a while.  When life hits you for a ringer, it is easy to stop taking care of yourself.  I ate a lot of comfort food even though I know better, and the Dragon helped out by doing a lot of the cooking for me and generally being a superstar husband by helping my family and I through a really difficult time.  After allowing myself a week or so of leeway, though, I needed something yummy and healthy to help light the way back on track towards a healthy and bright future. It is time to start taking better care of myself again.  I wanted to make something which reminded me of a happier time, so what could be a better mood lifter than a delicious tropical smoothie to remind us of our honeymoon in Fiji? I have to say that it helped! This smoothie will lift you up when you need it and will also help you to celebrate the happiest of times.  It would also work as a delicious party mocktail.  Add a dash of champagne (post blending) and you have a tropical cocktail!


Ingredients

Serves 2

  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • 1 passionfruit (leave a tsp or two aside for garnish - optional)
  • 1 cup 100% orange juice with pulp


Method


  1. Add ingredients to your blender
  2. Blitz
  3. Top with leftover passionfruit for garnish (optional)
  4. Nom

Nutrition Breakdown

Amount Per Serving

  • Calories167.2
  • Total Fat0.5 g
  • Saturated Fat0.1 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat0.1 g
  • Cholesterol0.0 mg
  • Sodium17.0 mg
  • Potassium350.7 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate42.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber3.7 g
  • Sugars32.4 g
  • Protein1.2 g

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how food can help comfort and heal... Hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete